Followers

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Skater Boy

The moment I saw this weeks Passion for Promarkers challenge #131 be inspired by a song 'Skater Boy' by Avril Lavigne came to mind, mostly I admit, because I knew I had a fabulous digi stamp that was just perfect for it.

Couple that with sketch #17 from Freshly Made Sketches and a half an idea that this might do as a birthday card for my godson in March, which took care of the colour scheme - and this is what I came up with.

This is the sketch:


This is my card:


The digi is from Sliekje's Digi Stamps, the sentiment is stampin' up's teeny tiny sentiments, the cardstock, ribbon and gems came from my stash (in fact the ribbon came off a £1 stand in one of the local discount book stores - I was surprised and thrilled at how closely it matched my cardstock in colour!)

I coloured my digi with promarkers Poppy, China Blue, Black, Caramel, Blush and Dusky Rose, some light blending on the trousers which was more or less successful! And on the hat which may have been slightly less so... and a little with dusky rose to give him a bit of colour in his cheeks - but I do think I'm getting the hang of the blending at least a little bit!

6 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy! Love the rows of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet skater...love it! Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image! And so perfectly colored! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card...Thanks for joining us at PFP this week..
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card... love that song...
    thanks for joining us over @ PfP inspired by a song challenge . Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun color combination! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.