Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Gameboy!

One of my friends has two children with birthdays in January and so I sat down today to make a card for her little boy - an utterly adorable soon to be 6 year old who's very attached to his Nintendo DS... unfortunately I could see no good way to make a card from a DS (all the buttons are inside!) but when I was younger the popular handheld was the gameboy and one of those I could do, so it will have to be close enough!

I'd been planning to go with yellow - the colour my old gameboy was! - but decided instead to go with this weeks challenge over at Color Throwdown, #173: Basic Black/Real Red/Basic Gray - I think it works pretty well!



Made entirely from cardstock, the black and grey both from scraps left over from other projects - the 'Happy Birthday' Sentiment is outline stickers coloured black and a few more outline stickers used on the buttons. The 'speaker' in the corner was also done with black marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.