Followers

Wednesday 10 September 2014

HB2U

After having to wait 2 extra days for delievery *shakes fist at Amazon* yesterday, was my first real day to play with my new Silhouette Cameo and I love it! I can't wait to figure out all the fun things I can do with it, but for my first card with it, I stuck to something simple.



I cut the flags and bird with files from the Silhouette store, matting a tall, thin card, with purple, to round out my rainbow colours. The sentiment is also cut with my cameo, using the Impact font. I decided to forgo any embellishments (although I did spend twenty minutes, considering gems... before deciding against it. I find it very hard not to use gems, lol!)

I'm submitting this card for:
- Creative Cutting Challenge #38 - Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday #337 - Rainbows
- Dream Valley Challenges #90 - No Stamps Allowed



7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, and you done a great job. Enjoy your new Cameo. Thank you for joining with us in the challenge at Creative Cutting Challenges.

    Carolyn
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to initiate your new machine! Glad it arrived in time to join in the first week of challenges at CCC!

    Jan
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun flags! I love the bright and cheerful colours! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the design!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! Fun design and love the long card layout. Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley in our 'No Stamps' challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work in future challenges. Hugs, Wends x Dream Valley DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for making something so lovely on your first attempt. The rows of bunting look great. You're going to love what you can do with the Silhouette and I hope you'll join us every challenge ! Thanks for joining us. Marina. Creative Cutting DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cute card may be simple but it's lovely! Great job on your first Silhouette project. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Cutting Challenge.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.