Tuesday, 2 December 2014
Because I've been almost all about Christmas cards lately, I thought I'd do a birthday card to break up the visions of sugarplums dancing in my head!
And it was an excellent excuse to use both this gorgeous image I won from Kenny K a week or two ago and some new papers I picked up last week, The Black Currant Stack, from DCWV. The image immediately made me think of Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago and the song, All that Jazz! And I already know just who I'll be sending it too, as I have a friend with a birthday in Feb, that I think will really love it!
I cut a card base in deep purple, coloured the image, with my trusty promarkers and got very excitable cutting flourishes, feathers, corners and sentiment with my silhouette (*whispers* I still get very excited every time I get to use it!). Layered up lots of the gorgeous papers with black card and added some paper flowers and gems to embellish it. I'm going to have to make a box envelope to fit it! Oh dear, I shall have to use my silhouette again ;)
I'm submitting this for:
- Moving Along with the Times - Inspired by a song
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #122 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Card Crew #76 - Birthday with a Sentiment
- Tuesday Throwdown #223 - Bling it On
- Sentimental Sundays #235 - Lots of Layers
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes w/Patterned Paper